I want to learn photography!
Want to take better pictures of your kids? Just got a camera, but don’t know how to use it yet? Or have you owned a camera for a long time, but haven’t had the patience to learn how to use it? Are only a small percentage of your images any good? Could they have been sharper and better composed? Do you wish to understand why a picture looks great, and want to be able to create more consciously? Do you want to have a better idea of how to post-process your images? If you said yes to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place!
I offer a one-on-one mentoring service completely tailored to your needs and schedule. We discuss in detail what you want to achieve. After assessing your knowledge I develop a personalized program that includes theoretical and practical training and constant feedback on your work and progress.
Just a few examples of what we can cover:
- The photographer’s trinity – the exposure triangle (aperture, shutter speed, ISO)
- What camera modes and settings should I use?
- How can I create an image with that nice blurred background (“bokeh”)? – Understanding depth of field
- My images are often blurry. What can I do to make them sharp?
- What can I do if my image is too dark or too bright? – Finding the right exposure
- What can I do when the colors are off in my image? – The right white balance
- What lens should I buy (on a budget) to achieve what I want? – Lens types and uses
- Should I shoot in raw or jpeg? – The pros and cons of image formats
- Why does one image looks good and another doesn’t? – Composition rules
- How can I create better portraits? How can I learn about the right poses, composition, and cropping?
- I’m not satisfied with the look of my images, I want to learn more about how to correct and retouch them.
I’ll teach you how to create better images of your own family, in your own environment, with your own equipment, without buying tons of gear and accessories. If you are interested, please send me a message.